LIT 2 Application
Returning Leaders In Training
A Message From Martin
Are you registered for camp? You must be registered for camp before you apply to be an LIT. Talk to your parents and get registered!
Camp Foley Returning LITs are going into 10th grade or above AND have already completed one year of the Leadership Program. Participants must be highly motivated, ready to work (and play) hard. We’re looking for campers who are ready and excited to continue learning the skills they will need to be a confident, successful, and independent adult.
What You’ll Do
LIT Classes: One activity period during the first three sign ups will be dedicated to LIT Class. LIT 2 class is also divided into the categories of Personal Growth, Life Skills, and Professional Skills. Before you participate in any of the Life or Professional Skills workshops, we will check your leadership portfolio, to make sure you are learning new skills each year! Learn about what you will do as an LIT 2:
- Learn Decision Making and Goal Setting
- Practice Conflict Resolution
- Learn effective communication skills
- Work on combining skills from LIT 1 and LIT 2 classes and put them to use around camp.
- Give input on which Life Skill Workshops are offered
- Complete at least two Life Skill Workshops
- Examples: Finance/Budgeting, Health Care, First Aid, etc.
- Give input on which Professional Skill Workshops are offered
- Pass at least two Professional Skill Workshops
- Examples: Presentation Skills, Job Interviews, Asking for References, etc.
Other Aspects: LIT 2’s will be in charge of planning and leading an evening program for their own cabin, work with fellow LITs to lead games for other campers during camp, participate in one community service event, and help with behind-the-scenes work around camp. As a returning LIT, you also may be asked to help lead grace before meals, share the daily character trait and virtue before breakfast, help distribute lost and found or mail, or other daily tasks. Returning LITs will have the skills and confidence necessary to handle this extra responsibility at Camp!
One Last Thing
We require that participants are willing to act responsibly and respectfully as a part of our Leadership Program. Participants must be willing to learn and get along with others.
- An LIT is committed to doing their best to live as a role model in our camp community.
- Participants who fell short of following the Camp Foley Code of Living or adhering to camp policies in the past may not be eligible for the LIT program.
- Participants who fall short of following the Camp Foley Code of Living or adhering to camp policies while in the Leadership Program may be removed from the program and become ineligible to participate in the future.
- Completion of the Returning LIT program does not necessarily mean that a camper is guaranteed an invitation or acceptation into the CIT or Octo Internship or is guaranteed future employment as a counselor.
- Due to all of the unique opportunities of the LIT program, participants will only be able to commit to doing dishes nine times in a three-week session.
The Returning LIT is for campers going in to 10th or 11th grade next fall AND who have completed one year of the leadership program.
- Fill out the Online Returning LIT Application. – Email us if you have any questions.
- Someone from Foley will contact you via shortly to let you know we’ve received your application and ask any follow up questions.
- Get ready to have fun and be a leader in the Foley community!