Two ways to donate, two great ways to help kids grow grit and investigate independence!
This year we have a couple options for supporting Foley. In addition to our traditional tax deductible Camper Scholarship Program, we also have a Health Center and COVID Recovery Fund (non tax-deductible) to aid in the general operations of Foley during the 2021 season (additional costs due to COVID related modifications to the program and facility) and for the remodeling of our health center to better serve the changing mental and physical health needs of our campers.
We are grateful for anyone that is able to help. Both options have our campers in mind.
Health Center and COVID Recovery Fund
If you are looking for a way to support camp this summer, and have the financial means to do so, this would be the best way to contribute. Donations would not be tax deductible but greatly appreciated. Updates and pictures of the progress building the health center can be found on the What’s Going on at Foley page.
Help strengthen Foley for the Future!
You can send checks made out to Camp Foley to:
9303 Father Foley Dr
Pine River, MN 56474
Camp Foley Scholarship Program
Camp Foley offers partial and, in some cases, full scholarships to qualifying families to attend camp with the desire for more kids to receive a quality camp experience and to increase diversity. This is funded by the donations of many individuals giving in Foley’s name through the American Camp Association (ACA).
Eligibility for a Camp Foley Scholarship is determined by several factors including but not limited to family situation, financial need, economic need, motivation and diversity. The Camp Foley Scholarship Committee takes into consideration these factors and works with each family to determine if/how a Camp Foley Scholarship can best be applied to their situation.
To receive an application or for more information, please email Mary Stevens. Applying early is advised as scholarships are subject to the availability of funds.
How to Donate to the Camp Foley Scholarship Fund
Make a Difference in the Life of a Child. Donate to the Foley Scholarship Fund today – Tax Free – and help make the difference in the life of a child! The American Camp Association (ACA) has been helping send kids across the United States to camp since 1910.
Over the past five years, Foley Alumni, Friends and Families have donated over $160,000 to the Camp Foley Scholarship Fund! In 2019, 31 campers were able to come to camp with the help of a Foley Campership. Camperships are given on a need-based system to kids that would otherwise not be able to attend camp. We are so thankful for everyone that donates.
Three Easy Ways to Donate!
- You can fill out the ACA Online Donation Form. REMEMBER: Put “Camp Foley” in the “Camp” field.
- Join or donate to the “Camp Moves Me” fundraiser (support alumni, staff, campers or Foley in general). This annual event starts September 15 and goes until October 31st!
- You can print off the Scholarship Donation Form and send it with a check to Camp Foley. REMEMBER: Make checks payable to the “American Camp Association” with “Camp Foley” on the memo line.Mail to: Camp Foley
9303 Father Foley Drive
Pine River, MN 56474
As always, email or call (218) 543-6161 with questions.
Creative Ways to Donate
Over the years we have had people get extremely creative with how and why they donate to the Foley Scholarship Fund. Feel free to use one of the ideas below, or come up with your own creative way!
- Birthday Gifts: What a great gift idea for the Foley Alum close to your heart. Donate to the fund in honor of someone. Sending a kid to camp is one of the greatest gifts you can give.
- A Memorial: Set up a Memorial for someone who passed recently. It’s a special way to honor someone who loved camp, and it helps send a new generation of campers to Foley.
- Mother’s Day or Father’s Day Gift: Sometimes it’s hard to think of a good Mother’s or Father’s Day gift. So, if you have a parent or grandparent that is an alum of Camp Foley, why not donate to the Scholarship Fund in their name?
- Graduation Gifts: Pledge to donate a percentage of the money you receive for graduation to the fund. Give someone the opportunity to go to camp and have the same life-shaping experiences you did.
- Wedding Favors: Rather than spend money on favors to give the guests at your wedding, donate money to Foley’s Scholarship Fund. Guests will appreciate you choosing to put the money to a good cause.
We can provide you with cards (Thank You, Happy Birthday, Happy Father’s Day, etc.) to send out if you choose to donate in a creative way. We can customize the text to suit your needs. See a couple of examples, and contact us with questions.