All Foley Summer Camp Counselors:
Assist in the direction, supervision, and organization of campers in their living unit, within activities and throughout camp.
• Apply basic youth development principles in working with campers through communication, relationship development, respect for diversity, involvement and empowerment of youth.
• Assure campers are properly supervised at all times.
• Be aware of and implement safety guidelines.
Participate in the development and implementation of program activities for campers.
• Responsible for leading and assisting with the teaching of activities.
• Actively participate in all program areas as assigned.
• Provide for the progression of activities within the framework of individual and group interests and abilities.
• Assist in program areas such as, but not limited to, waterfront, sports, shooting activities, nature, all camp activities, and fine arts as directed.
Maintain high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff.
• Provide the daily care of each camper within your supervision including recognition of personal health needs.
• Ensure that campers receive their medications as directed by health care manager.
• Be alert to campers and staff needs and assist them with personal and/or health problems, and discuss with camp health manager and/or resident camp director when appropriate.
• Be alert to equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care, and maintenance is adhered to; report repairs needed promptly to camp director.
Be a role model to campers and staff in your attitude and behavior.
• Follow and uphold all safety and security rules and procedures.
• Set a good example to campers and others in regard to general camp procedures and practices including sanitation, schedule, and sportsmanship.
Be willing and able to do behind the scenes work.
• Including but not limited to cleaning, cooking and food service, janitorial work, and yard work.
• Sometimes up to 8 hours in one day.
For the full job description – click here!
Each counselor teaches 2-3 of the following activities:
*Must come to camp certified in Lifeguard, 1st Aid and CPR.
Waterskiing/Wakeboarding and wakesurfing
Media Specialist (Video and Photo)
Assistant or Head Cook
Email Alli for job descriptions for these other positions.