Travel Options for Arrival and Departure Day
Updated June 13, 2021
Hug and Go for Camp Foley: Arrival Day
Dropping your child off at camp or at the bus is packed with emotions, from excitement to anxiety, for our parents AND campers. We are all eager, but this moment of separation can be difficult especially after our past year. With our “Hug and Go” system of drop off, we hope that our parents will drive away with confidence in making the right decision to have your camper be part of the Foley Family and that campers immediately experience the warmth of the camp community. Your support is needed to help us have a drop off procedure that is “efficient, effective and engaging”.
Efficiency begins at home with being “Camp Ready”:
- Be ready with EITHER proof of full COVID-19 Vaccination (2 weeks past second shot) OR Negative COVID-19 test, either a hard copy in hand or emailed to us.
- Packing complete as listed on Packing List and items condensed into two rolling duffels and a backpack as if flying on a plane.
- Have a “Camp Ready Camper”.
- Please share the information about arrival with your camper prior to getting to camp.
- If you need to visit with the camp nurse, please email us and we can arrange that for the day prior to your camper’s arrival.
- Complete all necessary Forms from your CampInTouch account:
- Health History (mandatory)
- Essentia Health COVID-19 Testing Registration Form (mandatory if not fully vaccinated)
- Essentia Health COVID-19 Testing Consent Form (mandatory if not fully vaccinated)
- Camper Information Form (mandatory)
- Camp Store or Canteen Account funded (highly recommended)
- Laundry Service Form (optional)
Efficiency at Drop-off:
- Please arrive during the time slot assigned to you and follow signage and directions of our staff.
- Remain in the car, have masks on before rolling down the window.
- Begin your goodbyes in the car before you arrive at camp.
- Staff will unload the luggage.
- Parents give the final “Hug and Goodbye” and depart, and your camper becomes engaged in camp life. As a parent you receive a Foley gift in appreciation of your confidence and trust in us!
- Before a camper exits car:
- Wellness Check completed
- Paperwork, check payments, negative COVID-19 tests or vaccination information collected as needed
- Medications collected and given to our RN
- Masks on – we may have a longer mask day on the first day than most days at camp as we get settled, go through orientations, and get the things kids may need while settling in to our groups.
Car: 2021 First Choice!
For summer 2021, we ask any family that has the ability to drive their camper(s) to and from camp to please do so. We are limited as to the number of people we can put on a bus (currently 50% occupancy) and want campers to arrive healthy. We will have plenty of staff ready to greet you at camp, carry the camper’s luggage to their cabins and help them get settled. See above for our “Hug and Go” procedures at drop-off.
- Arrival Day: Drop off between 12:30 and 2:00 pm (all times central).
- 12:30-1:00 pm: Last names starting with A-G
- 1:00-1:30 pm: Last names starting with H-O
- 1:30-2:00 pm: Last names starting with P-Z
- Departure Day: Pick up between 9:00-10:00 am, you will have an option to pick up and walk around with your camper or do a curbside pick up to limit your exposure in camp.
- Camp Foley’s Address: 9303 Father Foley Dr, Pine River, MN, 56474
- A typical trip, with no traffic, takes about 3 hours from the Twin Cities.
- For summer 2021, we will NOT be able to accommodate Boat drop offs or pick ups – next year!
Watch a quick video explaining drop off at camp!
Bus: Charter bus service between Minneapolis, MN and Camp Foley
- “Hug and Go” process will be used at the bus stop as well (see above).
- Mandatory masks on the bus. We will have to follow protocols of the bus company of spacing.
- Check in between 10:00 and 10:30 am; Small snack provided on the bus. Please eat a larger meal before boarding the bus. Larger snacks/small lunch will be provided for the campers once they arrive at camp.
- Cost: Approximately $75 each way (we are still evaluating cost as the bus company changes protocols. The cost will be no more than this but we may be crediting your account as well as we learn more about occupancy).
- Bus Stop Location: Our Lady of Grace, 5071 Eden Avenue, Edina, MN 55436 (Right off of Highway 100, exit toward Eden Avenue).
Air (Fly and Bus): Fly in/out of Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Just like past years, we are able to meet them at the gate, and communicate with their parents.
- If you or another designated adult, are flying with your camper, please meet camp staff by baggage claim #6. Look for staff in dark green polo shirts, navy blue masks and name tags.
- Arrive into MSP as early as possible on arrival day; lunch provided at the airport.
- If you are flying in the night before with your child and want to be picked up at at hotel, we are doing a pick up at the Residence Inn by Marriott – Bloomington by Mall of America. Time of pick up will be given a few days prior to camp.
- Mandatory masks at the airport and on the bus. We will have to follow protocols of the bus company of spacing.
- Cost: Approximately $75 each way (we are still evaluating cost as the bus company changes protocols).
*Before making plans that vary from suggested times and dates of travel, please contact Mary or call 218-543-6161. Bus fees will be charged to your credit card on file.
Meet and Hug for Camp Foley: Departure Day
Anticipation and excitement will be high as you “Meet and Hug” your camper at the end of their session at Foley. The smiles, the joy and so many stories await this reunion!
Note: If you would like your camper tested before departure at camp, please check that box on the Travel Form. We will test all campers that have requested to be tested 48-72 hours before session departure day.
Picking up at Foley
- Please plan on arriving between 9:15 and 10:00 a.m.
- We ask that parents park in the parking lot, overflow parking will also be available, and walk in masked be cognitive of physical distancing and empathy toward other families and our camp staff.
- Parents will be asked to wait in the parking lot until our camp busses have departed.
- Campers will be patiently (or not so patiently!) waiting by the Dining Hall for your arrival.
- Parents may walk around camp, remaining outside of all our buildings. The camp store will be open for purchases utilizing our outside windows.
- You may also opt for a drive through pick up to limit your exposure to other camp families and staff.
Bus arrival at OLG
- Please be respectful of other families and camp staff by wearing masks when physical distancing is not possible.
- Campers will be unloaded in small groups and we ask that you move away from the bus as quickly as possible to allow for other kids and parents to have their reunion!
- Buses will begin to pull in to the parking lot in Minneapolis around Noon on Departure Day; snack provided.
- If you or a designated adult is meeting us at the airport to fly home with your campers, A designated meeting place will be given to you prior to that day, as will a phone number of a camp staff member so you can connect with them quickly.
- Flights should depart MSP after 2 pm; lunch provided prior to arriving at the airport.
- If you are not meeting campers, Foley staff will help them get checked in and accompany them to the gates.
- Please make sure campers have money for bags, unaccompanied minor fees or other incidentals.
Is the bus trip part of the camp experience?
NEW for 2021: If possible we encourage parents to drop campers off at Camp. Due to COVID-19 we have very limited availability on the buses. We will provide a small snack but we ask campers to eat a larger breakfast or early lunch before boarding. We will have food at camp for campers when they arrive.
Does my camper need money for travel?
Absolutely no money is needed once a camper is on a bus. At the airport, campers do enjoy purchasing a treat or that favorite fast food item. Optional would be to give them $15.00 to $20.00 for these expenses. Campers flying may need money for baggage if responsible for returning fees.
When is the best time for us to see camp?
We welcome to the opportunity to show you around camp prior to June 2nd or after August 20th. Feel free to contact us to set up a time for a tour. At this time, we are not able to accept visitors during the summer months. We will continue to evaluate that as we learn more about COVID-19 restrictions and protocols. It is always best to call ahead of time just to double check!
Why do many parents choose Southwest Airlines for domestic travel?
Fares are competitive, especially when one can check two free bags, and their Unaccompanied Minor policy is not as strict. “Children, ages 5 through 11 that are traveling without an accompanying passenger age 12 or older, must travel as an Unaccompanied Minor (UM) on Southwest Airlines.” Most airlines require anyone 15 and under to fly unaccompanied minor. There are also many direct flights from major cities like Chicago (Midway) and St. Louis, where parents put them on the plane and Foley staff meet them, saving them the UM fees.
Does camp use an optional Travel Agency?
Parents are welcome to arrange their own flights; however, we do work with Donna Hoiem at Travel One who can be contacted at: 1-844-803-9683 or email@example.com. Even if you do not use the agency we urge you to check out Travel One’s suggested flights as other kids from camp may be on the listed flights.
Do campers fly as Unaccompanied Minors (UM)?
Most major airlines require children under 15 years of age, who are traveling alone, to pay for Unaccompanied Minor (UM) service. We will email you the name of who is meeting your child at the gate when arriving into Minneapolis- St Paul International Airport (MSP) 24 hours prior to camper’s departing flight. For the return trip, please provide the full name(s), address and phone number for the person who will meet your camper at the airport. Camp Foley is not responsible for your camper once he/she boards the plane. Most major airlines will not allow Unaccompanied Minors to be booked on the final flight of the day to their destination city, including connections. We strongly encourage international campers to fly UM to help with customs and transferring planes.
How do I know that my camper has been met by someone at the MSP Airport?
Once met, campers are instructed to call home if they have their own cell phone. If not, Foley staff will assist campers in calling home on their cell phones and/or will email parents (more likely if travelling internationally due to fees and time zone differences.) Please allow up to two hours after the expected arrival time for the email to be sent.
Hint: We suggest that international campers carry an international cellphone when they travel or a device that they can use to connect to Wi-Fi to contact parents that way. Please make sure that they know how to use it and what phone numbers to call. Foley will provide a device for them to contact parents through Wi-Fi.
How does Camp Foley assist my camper at the airport?
On Arrival Day, counselors meet campers at gate if a domestic flight, if going through customs in Minneapolis, directly outside of this area. Following, campers or staff communicate with parents, gather baggage, and hang out at the airport until everyone has arrived. Staff board the designated bus with the campers. When departing, counselors assist campers with checking in for their flights, including baggage, supervise and see them through security to their gates. Staff wait in the area until the flight departs.
Who is responsible for additional fees like UM and baggage?
Parents are! Any fees that Foley incurs in getting your child boarded on a flight is the responsibility of the parents. If you are expecting your camper to pay for return baggage, please send cash for this expense.
What do you need from me if I can’t pick up my camper at camp or at the bus? Do I have to sign my child out of camp?
Verbal or written communication must be received into the Camp Foley Office from the legal parent or guardian prior to a minor being released to a person other than his or her legal guardian. Signatures are required before releasing a child at the bus or from camp. It is understood that the flight arranged by a parent is the release.
My camper missed the flight or my car broke down, now what?
For unforeseen circumstances as a flight is missed or canceled or you are running late, it is very important that you call camp so we can notify the appropriate staff and work with you in making alternative arrangements. Please email or call (218) 543-6161 as soon as possible. On Departure Day, parents are notified ASAP of any flight changes occur or if buses are delayed significantly.
Do you verify absentee campers? How do I know my camper made it to camp on the bus?
The attendance of all campers is verified whether arriving by car, boarding the bus at OLG or arriving at the airport. Immediately parents are called if a camper does not show up as arranged. Camper safety and whereabouts is our primary concern and any absentee campers would be of first priority. Our goal is to send an email confirmation out to the parents within 30 minutes of their child’s bus arrival into camp.
What happens after my camper arrives at camp?
Learn what happens during our Arrival Day Celebration!