Don’t forget to write your name on everything you bring. Read the Dress Code for more information.
Packing list is based on a three-week session. Laundry service will be done for all campers mid-way through the session. This is included in the camper tuition.
For a printable version of this list Click Here!
Returning campers: Lanyards and name tags you were given the last time you were at camp. Forgotten lanyards and nametags can be replaced for $2. It is optional to replace the pins you have already received at a cost of $5/pin. If you have not attended camp since 2017, you will be given your lanyard and the appropriate pins when you arrive!
- 7 pairs of long pants
- 7 pairs of shorts
- 3 long-sleeve shirts
- 14 short-sleeve shirts/tank tops
- Socks (enough for three weeks, a few should be long, calf-high socks to help prevent ticks)
- Undergarments (enough for three weeks)
- 3 swimsuits (girls: one piece or modest tankinis, boys: swim trunks) – See the Dress Code
- 1 pair of water shoes (Teva, Chaco, Crocs, aqua sock, etc.) – Water shoes with a heel strap must be worn at all Marina activities
- 1 pair of athletic shoes
- 3 sweatshirts or fleece pullovers
- 1 light jacket or windbreaker
- 1 rain jacket or poncho
- 1 bandana – Required for Biking, Climbing and Paintball
- 1 hat
- Nametag (returning campers only)
- Casual dress clothes for Saturday Mass or Nondenominational Service, and Founder’s Day celebration.
- Flip flops to wear in the showers and around camp – Flip flops do NOT count as water shoes
- Fun and wacky clothes for skits, lip syncs, team games
- Clothes/Costume items that are the same color as your Alpha Games team color
- If you do not know your Alpha Games team color, bring a minimum of 1 wearable clothing item in the following colors: red, green, blue, yellow
Note: No aerosol cans
- Lip balm with SPF
- Hair brush/comb
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sunscreen (30 spf minimum)
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication for the entire three weeks
- Shower caddy (best with holes for draining water)
- Duffel bags (with wheels) – Used for packing, maximum: two bags, no trunks
- Sleeping bag – Fiber-filled is recommended
- USCG approved lifejacket (Vest Type III)
- Water bottle
- Stationery, stamps, envelopes, pens, etc. – Campers must write a letter home during their stay
- Camp Chair (pic below – can purchase at camp)
- Non-phone Camera
- MP3 player – NO iPads/iPhones (even if the service is turned off or SIM cards removed)
- Books/cards/card games
- Musical instruments – Please let the office know prior to camp
- Tennis racket
- Fishing equipment
- Paintball helmets/goggles – Campers may not bring their own markers
- Swim goggles
- 1 heavy blanket
- 1 set of twin sheets (1 fitted, 1 flat, 1 pillowcase)
- 1 pillow
- 4 beach towels
- 1 laundry bag
- Optional: Mattress pad
Leave It At Home!
- Tablets (iPad), laptops, cellphones and handheld games will be collected, labeled and safely stored in the camp office until departure day. Even old cellphones with no SIM card or the service turned off will be collected. Camp Foley reserves the right to confiscate cellphones that are not turned in honestly and reserves the right to mail those cellphones home to parents.
- Electronics that require an electrical outlet such as fans, iHomes/CD players, electric blankets, plug-in lights, etc. are not permitted.
- In order to support a natural and simplistic lifestyle, please leave makeup, curling irons, straighteners, blow-dryers, etc. at home.
- Animals (caged and non-caged) are not permitted.
- Weapons (including firearms, bows and arrows, martial arts weapons, paintball markers and knives of all kinds) and fireworks are not permitted.
- Food, candy, bottled water, gum, soda pop, etc. will be collected and discarded or donate to the local food shelf.
- Clothing items that do not adhere to the Dress Code will not be tolerated.
- Controlled substances including but not limited to: Tobacco, alcohol, medications (unless perscribed and turned in to camp nurse), eCigarettes, Juuls and illegal drugs.
We ask that everyone in the Camp Foley community adhere to the following guidelines:
- Midriffs are covered at all times – even at the waterfront
- “Cheeks” covered in shorts and skirts
- Pants should never reveal undergarments – belts are wonderful!
- Shirts and swimsuits must have two straps or sleeves
- No cleavage or revealing tops
- Clothing must not advertise alcohol, tobacco, profanity or have suggestive context
- Dangling earrings are not allowed at activities for safety reasons – campers/staff may wear small studs or posts
- Lifejackets will be worn when on a watercraft
- Athletic shoes will be worn for games on fields and courts and at climbing, biking, paintball, etc.
- Flip flops and slide-on sandals will not be worn as water shoes
- No camper may alter their appearance at camp by cutting their hair, piercing their ears, etc.
Optional Luggage Service with Ship Camps
To help meet the growing needs of our families we have an optional luggage service that parents can use to ship bags to and from camp. This is a great option to look in to if your camper is flying or if they are headed to other vacations or programs after camp. This is totally optional!