What to bring this summer
A Message From Seleen, 16, Camp Foley Camper
Packing and Dress Code
Don’t forget to write your name on everything you bring. Read the Dress Code for more information.
Packing list is based on what a camper needs for 2 weeks at Foley. Laundry service will be done for all 3 week campers mid-way through the session as part of the camp tuition.
- 7 pairs of long pants (jeans, sweatpants, leggings)
- 7 pairs of shorts
- 3 long-sleeve shirts
- 10 short-sleeve shirts/tank tops
- Socks (enough for two weeks, 2 or 3 should be tall/half-calf socks)
- Undergarments (enough for two weeks)
- 3 modest swimsuits (girls: one piece or tankinis, boys: swim trunks) – See Dress Code below
- 1 pair of water shoes (Teva, Chaco, Crocs, aqua socks, etc.) – Water shoes must have a heel strap
- 1 pair of athletic shoes
- 3 sweatshirts or fleece pullovers
- 1 light jacket or windbreaker
- 1 rain jacket or poncho
- 1 bandana – required for Biking, Climbing, Fencing, & Paintball
- 1 hat
- Lanyard and Name Tag (returning campers only)
- New campers will receive their lanyard upon arrival at camp
- Casual dress clothes for Saturday Mass, and Founder’s Day celebration.
- A White Shirt for Non-denominational Service
- Flip flops to wear in the showers and around camp
- Fun and wacky clothes for skits, lip syncs, team games
- Returning Campers: Clothes/Costume items that are the same color as your Alpha Games team color
- New campers: please bring a minimum of 1 wearable clothing item in the following colors: red, green, blue, yellow
Note: No aerosol cans
- Lip balm with SPF
- Hair brush/comb
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Sunscreen (30 spf minimum)
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication for the entire time at Camp
- Shower caddy (best with holes for draining water)
- Duffel bags (with wheels recommended) – Used for packing, maximum: two bags, no trunks
- Sleeping bag – Fiber-filled is recommended
- USCG approved lifejacket (Vest Type III)
- Water bottle
- Stationery, stamps, envelopes, pens, etc. – Campers must write a letter home during their stay
- Camp Chair (Crazy Creek or similar) – Also can be purchased at camp
- Camera (Phone does not count)
- MP3 player – NO iPads/iPhones (even if the service is turned off or SIM cards removed)
- Books/cards/card games
- Musical instruments
- Tennis racket
- Fishing equipment
- Paintball helmets/goggles – Campers may not bring their own markers
- Swim goggles
- 1 heavy blanket
- 1 set of twin sheets (1 fitted, 1 flat, 1 pillowcase)
- 1 pillow
- 4 beach towels
- 1 laundry bag
- Optional: Mattress pad
Leave It At Home!
- Tablets (iPad), laptops, smartwatches, cell phones and handheld games will be collected, labeled and safely stored in the camp office until departure day. Even old cell phones with no SIM card or the service turned off will be collected. Camp Foley reserves the right to confiscate cell phones or other electronics that are not turned in honestly, and reserves the right to mail those cellphones home to parents.
- Electronics that require an electrical outlet such as fans, large speakers, electric blankets, plug-in lights, etc. are not permitted.
- Makeup, curling irons, straighteners, blow-dryers, etc. (we are supporting a natural environment!)
- Rugs or mats for cabins (make it harder to keep the cabin clean)
- Animals (caged and uncaged) are not permitted.
- Weapons (including firearms, bows and arrows, martial arts weapons, paintball markers and knives of all kinds) and fireworks are not permitted.
- Food, candy, bottled water, gum, soda pop, etc. will be collected and discarded or donated to the local food shelf
- Controlled substances including but not limited to: Tobacco, alcohol, marijuana, medications (unless prescribed and turned into camp nurse), eCigarettes, vaporizers, Juuls and illegal drugs.
We ask that everyone in the Camp Foley community adhere to the following guidelines:
- All tops should cover midriffs/cleavage– even at the waterfront
- “Cheeks” covered in shorts and skirts
- Pants should never reveal undergarments – belts are wonderful!
- Shirts and swimsuits must have two straps or sleeves
- Clothing should not advertise alcohol, tobacco, profanity or have suggestive context
- Dangling earrings are not allowed at activities for safety reasons – campers may wear small studs or posts
- Athletic shoes will be worn for games on fields and courts and at climbing, biking, paintball, etc.
- Flip flops and slide-on sandals will not be worn as water shoes
- No camper may alter their appearance at camp by cutting/dyeing their hair, piercing their ears, etc.
Optional Luggage Service with Ship Camps
To help meet the growing needs of our families we have an optional luggage service that parents can use to ship bags to and from camp. This is a great option to look into if your camper is flying or if they are headed to other vacations or programs after camp. This is totally optional!
View the flier to learn more here! Like what you see? Sign up here.