Leader In Training
A Message From Emily, 19
Are you registered for camp? You must be registered for camp before you apply to be an LIT. Talk to your parents and get registered!
LIT 1 – Entering the Program
Camp Foley LIT 1s are going into 9th or above. Participants must be highly motivated, ready to work (and play) hard. We’re looking for campers who are eager for personal growth and are looking to take the next step in their camp career.
What You’ll Do
LIT Classes: One activity period in each of the first three sign ups are dedicated to LIT Class. The leadership program is divided into three categories, Personal Growth, Life Skills, and Professional Skills. Each participant in the leadership program will have their own personal portfolio, where a record of all their completed classes is kept. That way we can make sure you can keep building your skills in new areas each year! In their first year in the leadership program, participants will do the following in each category:
- Learn about different leadership styles
- Learn leadership strategies
- Learn about different types of leaders
- Begin to figure out what type of leader they will be
- Give input on which Life Skill Workshops are offered
- Complete at least two Life Skill Workshops
- Examples: Laundry, Home Cleaning and Maintenance, Organization, etc.
- Give input on which Professional Skill Workshops are offered
- Pass at least two Professional Skill Workshops
- Examples: Professional Email Writing, Job Applications, Dressing Professionally, etc.
Other Aspects: LIT 1’s will also plan and lead team games during special days at camp, participate in a community service event, and may be asked to help with behind-the-scenes work around camp. As an LIT, you can expect to be given more opportunities to lead within the camp community. This could include helping out a younger camper, briefly assisting a counselor at an activity, or leading a song for all of camp!
One Last Thing
We require that participants are willing to act responsibly and respectfully as a part of our Leadership Program. Participants must be willing to learn and get along with others.
- An LIT is committed to doing their best to live as a role model in our camp community.
- Participants who fell short of following the Camp Foley Code of Living or adhering to camp policies in the past may not be eligible for the LIT program.
- Participants who fall short of following the Camp Foley Code of Living or adhering to camp policies while in the Leadership Program may be removed from the program and become ineligible to participate in the future.
- Completion of the LIT program does not necessarily mean that a camper is guaranteed an invitation or acceptation into the CIT program.
- Due to all of the unique opportunities of the LIT program, participants will only be able to commit to doing dishes nine times in a session.
- LIT is for campers going in to 9th grade or above.
- Fill out the Online LIT Application Form – Email us if you have any questions.
- Someone from Foley will contact you via Instagram or Email with the next steps to prepare for your role as an LIT.
- Get ready to have fun and be a leader in the Foley community!