With so much free time over the Holidays, there is a lot that can be done, yet most individuals will probably spend it binge-watching the latest show. To help limit screen time and to make the most of the break…
…here are 10 Things To Do Over Christmas Break and the Holidays:
- Visit a museum or attend a concert (there are always shows going on over break – check your city’s local events calendar). Stimulating and exciting!
- Go to a sporting event. (Doesn’t have to be professional. Go root at the local High School!)
- Play a family board game. (Clue anyone?)
- Host a family movie night complete with popcorn, candy, soda & those comfy pajamas.
- Volunteer as a family at a soup kitchen, animal shelter, or anywhere that is important to you.
- Drop everything electronic and spend that tech time reading a good book.
- DIY crafts. Check out some ideas!
- Get outside! Go sledding or ice skating (or skiing/snowboarding). Don’t live where it’s cold enough for snow? How about a bike ride or walk around a park, maybe stargazing at night?
- Cook a meal as a family. Look for a new recipe, and make a homemade dinner. And **ahem** have the kids try their hand at being the cook.
- Write “Thank You” notes to everyone who got your gifts or went out of their way to help you this holiday season. (This one isn’t just a suggestion, it’s an expectation!)
There’s plenty more to do besides these 10 ideas, but these are a great place to start. Reach out if you need more help making the most of your holiday break!
And don’t forget to follow us on our socials below to stay up to date on all things Foley!