Camp Foley’s Top Ten Things to Look Forward to in 2014!
10. New Thingz! We’ve gone crazy this fall replacing equipment for TONS of the activities. You’ll see new snorkeling equipment, floor hockey goalie masks, trick skis, a new wakeboard, paintball masks, bikes, bike helmets, fencing jackets, and more! The pool table in the Rec Center was recovered. There’s now a campfire pit outside of Osawaka and the Marina and Sauna doors will be replaced in 2014!
7. Lucy! In 2013, our leucistic black rat sake passed away after spending seven summers at the Camp Foley Nature Corner. Luckily, we were able to adopt Lucy this winter. She is a new leucistic black rat snake that will live with our other critters in the Nature Corner!
|6. Bike, Hike & Campfire Trails|
6. Bike, Hike & Campfire Trails! This fall, all the trails on the other side of the road were cleared and signage was posted to make it easy for everyone to follow. Maybe this summer your cabin will adventure into the woods for a special Evening Program? Maybe you’ll sing up for Biking for the first time and bike one of Foley’s trails! Every trail and campfire site has a name that’s posted and signage throughout the woods helps you find your destination.
5. New Ski Boat! If you were here during 4th Session you remember saying goodbye to our old friend, the Green Ski Boat (and you may have gotten a glimpse of the newest member of our fleet)! This summer we’ll have at least one new boat down at the Marina to tackle one of the most popular activities at Foley: Waterskiing!
|4. Pizza Parties|
4. Pizza Parties! We have Pizza Parties & Video Showings scheduled for the Twin Cities (January 27) and St. Louis (February 1). If you live in either of those places make sure to mark your calendars! If you’d like to host a party in your area and want a Foley Rep to help out, let us know!
3. CITs & LITs! We have a handful of campers starting or returning to the Leadership Program in 2014. If you’re going into 9th, 10th and 11th grade you can take on an important leadership roll!
2. Counselors! They live in your cabins. They sit at your meal tables. They teach the activities. They are crazy fun and sometimes just plain crazy! Keep checking the Meet the Staff page to find out who’s the counselors and ADs will be!
1. It’s Foley’s 90th Year! Camp Foley began waaaay back in 1924, so 2014 marks it’s 90th year. We’ve got some fun stuff planned and hope you’re excited to help us celebrate 90 years of camping all year! Tell us what you’re most excited about on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram use “#CF90in14.”
What are you MOST excited about in 2014? We’d love to know! Share on Facebook or Tweet @CampFoley!