If you got the March 2013 Newsletter you’ve already got an idea of what Activity Plus is, but for those of you who don’t have any idea what it is – read on!
We’re in the business of giving campers what they want. One thing that we’ve heard for a while now is that campers want a longer activity period to pursue their passions. The problem was: How do we do that without lengthening the activity periods and offering fewer activity periods a day? The answer to that question: Activity Plus!
Activity Plus will be select activities with extended periods, so campers can work toward awards, advance their skills or just enjoy extra time at an activity they love! Campers can choose to take an Activity Plus during regular three-day signup.
Examples of Activity Plus
- Archery – Small class sizes and extra time means campers can work towards awards and hone their skills! Perhaps there will be more time to shoot the animal dummies or play some Archery games.
- Beginner Ski/Wakeboard – It can hard to get up on skis or a wakeboard for the first time. So don’t worry about stage-fright or being intimidated by the more advanced skiers and wakeboarders because this class is for beginners only!
- Outdoor Cooking – Sure, everyone gets to cook over a fire at the Tree Houses, but in Outdoor Cooking you’ll get to learn more elaborate meals or how to bake over a campfire. None of the standard, TFD/Pizza Pie/Hotdog stuff.
- Paintball – A longer Paintball period means there is more time for campers to play in 3-on-3 Tournaments or play specialty games.
- Riflery – Campers will have more time to shoot in classes with fewer campers, which means they’ll have a better opportunity to perfect their aim and advance in awards.
- Sailing – This is the perfect activity for campers who don’t take Sail Racing but want more time out on Whitefish Lake. A longer period will give campers more time to sail between rigging and de-rigging.
- Skiing/Wakeboarding/Surfing – This extended class will allow campers to advance in their awards and perhaps try to learn a new trick. Campers will be able to go on longer runs with the extra time!
- Ski the Chain of Lakes – A fun challenge for experienced skiers: How many different lakes can you ski on?
- Surf Only – This Activity Plus is for wake surf enthusiasts only! Work on your skills and take some chances with this specialized class!
Which Activity Plus are you excited to try out? Do you have any suggestions? Share with us! We’ll see you this summer for Activity Plus and so much more!
First Session: 36 Days, Second Session: 50 Days, Third Session: 65 Days, Fourth Session: 79 Days.